Saturday, June 19, 2010

New material to work on

2 weeks ago, I recorded a concert given by my dad, my sister and their friend. My dad plays lute, my sister sings and their friend plays violin.
Although I'm very busy at both jobs, in spare time I want to have this concert edited and burned in fair quality. I don't expect this to take longer than a couple of sessions, as the material (although lengthy) is very simple.



My sister having a quiet moment before the concert

Set-up
I used a Zoom H4n recorder with two microphones attached to it. Zoom's stereo array was set to 120 degrees. I used my preferable quality settings: 24 bits, 48 kHz sample rate.
One of the external microphones was set up with the lute (the AKG C214) and the other one (a vocal dynamic AKG, sorry for no model number) with the vocalist.




Microphone setup